Coconut oil is the favorite product of health-conscious people, and it sure rules the world. It does everything from healing skin problems, alleviating allergy symptoms, to enhancing ingestion, and some use it instead of conventional toothpaste.
Why is coconut oil good for your dog?
There are around 525 million pet canines on the planet, and each of these is considered as a relative. This implies pooches get the same health care as their kindred people. This includes giving it a healthy measure of coconut oil each day.
Dr Bruce Fife, a certified nutritionist and naturopathic doctor, believes that coconut oil has the following effects in dogs:
- Gives more energy and vitality
- Gently boosts metabolism
- Protects against common diseases
- Disinfects and clears cuts; Speeds up the healing of wounds
- Improves skin and fur
- Enhances digestion
- Alleviates allergy symptoms
- Relieves arthritis-induced inflammation and ligament problems
- Eases the elimination of hairballs and coughing
- Eliminates bad breath
- 1/2 cup organic coconut flour
- 2 medium-sized organic sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1/4 cup organic gelatin powder
- 1/2 cup raw and organic coconut oil, melted at room temperature
- 1 free-range organic egg
- 1-2 tbsp water
How to prepare:
First, preheat your oven to 350°F. Combine the ingredients in a large bowl, and stir well until everything is well combined. If your mixture is too saggy, add some more coconut flour. You should get the same consistency as Play Dough.
Split the mixture into golf ball sized forms, and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Use a spoon to flatten the balls. Bake until the edges turn golden brown. This should take about 20 minutes. Take the baking tray out of the oven, and let the treats cool completely. Transfer them in an air-tight container, and keep it in your fridge. They will remain good for several weeks, and up to a few months if you store them in the freezer.
Article source: CentralHealth
We really hope you enjoyed this article and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You.