Friday, 7 October 2016



Nowadays majority people decide to replace the old standard light bulbs with environmentally – friendly, new generation and energy saving light bulbs in order to save energy and money.
Still, it turned out that this new generation of energy, efficient light bulbs are extremely toxic. Because of that, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency created an emergency protocol you need to follow in the event of a bulb breakage, due to the poison gas that is released.
According to a study conducted by researchers from the Fraunhofer Wilhelm Klauditz Institute for German’s Federal Environment Agency, if one of these light bulbs is broken indoors, releases 20 times the maximum acceptable mercury concentration into the air,
Energy Efficient Light Bulbs Can Cause:
Inability to concentrate
Cluster headaches
Energy Efficient Bulbs Cause Anxiety, Migraines, and Even Cancer. Reasons to Go Back To Incandescent Bulbs
Energy saving bulbs contain mercury.
It is important to explain that murcury is extremely potent neurotoxin that is especially dangerous to children and pregnant women. This neurotoxin is especially toxic to the brain, the nervous system, the liver and the kidneys. In addition to that, it may damage the cardiovascular, immune and reproductive systems. It can lead lead to tremors, anxiety, insomnia, memory loss, headaches, cancer and Alzheimer’s .
Energy saving light bulbs emit a lot of UV rays.
Studies have shown that energy saving lamps emit UV – B and traces of UV – C radiation. Generally it is recognised that UV – radiation is harmful for the human skin as it can lead to skin cancer and the eyes. It is shocking that the radiation from these bulbs directly attacks the immune system, and furthermore damages the skin tissues enough to prevent the proper formation of vitamin D-3.
GE Lighting 48415 60-Watt 825-Lumen General Purpose A19 Incandescent Light Bulb, Soft White, 48-Pack

Energy saving bulbs can cause cancer.
Peter Braun at Berlin Germany’s Alab Laboratory conducted a new study and found these light bulbs contain poisonous carcinogens that could cause cancer:
Phenol is mildly acidic toxic white crystalline solid, obtained from coal tar and used in chemical manufacture
Styrene is an unsaturated liquid hydrocarbon, obtained as a petroleum byproduct
Naphthalene is volatile white crystalline compound, produced by the distillation of coal tar, and it is used in mothballs and as a raw material for chemical manufacture
To sum up, these bulbs are so toxic that we are not supposed to put them even in the regular garbage as they are household hazardous waste.
In case if by accident you break one in a house, you are supposed to open all of your windows and doors, and evacuate the house for at least 15 minutes to minimize the exposure to the poisonous gas.
The bad news is that in the near future consumers won’t have the option to buy incandescent lights because they won’t be available as they will not be produced anymore.
The Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (EISA) mandates the phase – out of incandescent light bulbs, and favors energy – efficient compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs.