Designed particularly for bacterial infections, antibiotics are the favorite tools of most medical doctors against most issues that walk into their offices.
Yet, whenever necessary to use an antibiotic for any infection, the only antibiotics you should turn to are the safe and natural ones. One of the best natural antibiotics is the oil of oregano, which has been proved to be superior to some antibiotics, without the harmful side effects.
Sadly, the antibiotics prescribed by most medical doctors today have horrendous side effects including causing antibiotic resistance, destroying beneficial gut bacteria (probiotics), decreasing vitamin absorption and destroying the digestive lining causing leaky gut.
Every home should have a bottle of oregano oil
Oregano oil is derived from the flowers and leaves of wild oregano plant. It is a potent antimicrobial agent that effectively fights off infections. Because of its antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties, the oregano oil has a wide range of uses and health benefits.
These compounds have natural fungicide and antiseptic properties that kill a wide variety of pathogens, breaking through the cell membranes of disease-causing microbes like nothing else could. These activities help boost the immune system, neutralize free radicals, repair and heal cells and tissue damages.
Oregano oil is powerful natural antibiotic
Because most ailments and diseases are caused by micro-organisms, it makes sense that oregano oil that is used to kill these harmful microbes, are effective to be used to prevent and treat infections such as:
- Yeast infections: Bacterial vaginosis, Candida albicans.
- Parasitic infections: Giardisis, flatworms, tapeworms, ringworms.
- Urinary tract infections: E.coli, proteus, chlamydia, mycoplasma.
- Food poisoning: Salmonella, listeria, campylobacter, shigella, botulism, norovirus.
- Lung infections: Streptococcus, Haemophilus, staphylococcus, mycobacterium.
- MRSA infection (Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus)
Furthermore, oregano oil is effective in treating a myriad of conditions, some of which include colds/flu, arthritis, animal bites, candida, rashes, giardia, sore throat, and tuberculosis just to name a few.
- It can destroy organisms that contribute to the development of skin infections
- It boosts the immune system.
- It improves the connection and flexibility of muscles.
- It can be used for skin conditions like athlete’s foot, acne, and dandruff.
- Wild oregano oil can also help cold sores, joint pain, and muscle aches.
How to use Oregano oil
- Add 2-3 drops of oregano oil to a diffuser or vaporizer, and inhale deeply to relieve nasal congestion and lung infections.
- Add 2-3 drops of oregano oil in a glass of water and drink to relieve a sore throat.
- Mix 1-2 drops of oregano oil to a small capful of coconut oil or aloe vera gel, and apply on acne, cold sores, nail fungus, shingles or psoriasis skin condition. Do not use oregano oil on broken or sensitive skin as it may burn. Use a clean cotton pad with every application to avoid spreading the bacteria.
- Mix same parts of oregano oil and organic olive oil and apply to aches, sore muscles, and backaches for relief.
- Add 3-4 drops of oregano oil in a glass of water and drink 2-3 times a day before meals to boost your immune system, when you’re feeling under the weather.
- Add 1 drop of oregano oil on your toothbrush with toothpaste, for killing bacteria that cause bad breath.
How to use Oregano oil for detox
Add 3-4 drops of oregano oil in a glass of water and drink 2-3 times a day before meals. For some people, these few drops may cause a little burning sensation in the mouth. Lower the number of drops if you cannot handle it.
Use this for up to 14 days if using therapeutically to kill parasites or to fight infections. Take a 7-day break, and continue another 14 days if necessary. Oregano oil is so potent that it must not be taken on a long-term basis.
Oregano oil detox is recommended for individuals who are suffering from Candida infections, while at the same time go on a total sugar-free and non-processed foods diet.
The advantage of natural antibiotics is that they don’t produce any side effects as they do not destroy the good bacteria, thus can only improve your gut flora health.