The modern urban lifestyle has made living easier in many ways but it has also increased tension, stress and anxiety.
Stress symptoms may be affecting your health, even though you might not realize it. Stress that’s left unchecked can contribute to many health problems, such as high blood pressure,heart disease, obesity and diabetes.
One of the fastest ways to give stress the boot and feel refreshed and calm is by focusing on a few key pressure points on our bodies.
The focus on these pressure points is often referred to as acupressure, a healing art used in Eastern medicine.
8 Pressure Points that Will Reduce Your Stress in Seconds
1. The Scalp. Interlace your fingers and place them behind your head at the point on your neck where it meets the skull. Then with your two thumbs, press gently for 20 seconds.
2. The Ear. This point is the best stress-relieving point in the body, according to some experts. Massage this spot with a cotton bud or even a pen, and take deep, slow breaths during the massage
3. The Chest. Center of the chest point is very effective to provide relief in anxiety and emotional misbalancing. Use three fingers to massage this point. This will help to calm the nervous system.
4. The Stomach. Many reflexologists prefer to use this point because it helps create movement that frees the chest and diaphragm, which improves the breathing process.
Patients who have this treatment instinctively take deeper breaths and almost always report a sensation or relief.
5. The Forearm. Inside elbow point is very effective to relieve anxiety, distress in chest. Apply pressure on inside elbow points in both arms one by one to get relief in anxiety.
6. The Palm. This point is located on one of the most important meridians (an energy channel), which affects the heart, liver, and pancreas. The moment you press on this spot, you’ll feel your stress evaporating.
7. The Calves. Applying pressure at this point increases and regulates energy flow, relieves fatigue and helps in increasing concentration. Apply pressure for 1 minute and move to the next point.
8. The Foot. This point is located at the side of the inside of the foot. Applying pressure at this point helps all-round nourishment and balanced circulation of energy throughout body and mind, helps in relieving the mind from worries and anxiety. In addition it also helps relieve ankle pains.