A disorder which is characterized by dark areas on the skin is called Hyperpigmentation, and it is caused by the increased amount of melanin, the dark pigment of the skin. To disorders of the melanin can lead the exposure to sunlight, pregnancy, certain diseases, aging or trauma and a non-aesthetic brown spots which are characteristic of this benign disorder can be created.
The causes of melanin disorder can be internal or external. Especially common for people with dark skin tone are internal causes that are inborn. External causes include exposure to chemicals like progesterone, estrogen, minocycline, betaxolol, and sunlight. Strains, spots and freckles which can cause permanent or temporary discoloration are caused by ultraviolet rays. They are common on skin areas that are exposed to sun (face and hands).
A hyperpigmentation of the skin that occurs during pregnancy is Melasma, although sometimes it can affect men as well. Because the brown spots appear on the face – mainly the nose and cheeks it is called the mask of pregnancy. Usually, after the pregnancy this disorder goes away by itself and it does not cause any major problems.
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder (turmeric)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Mix these ingredients well and apply the mixture on the affected area of the skin.
- For about 15 minutes or until it gets dry leave it sit like that. In the end rinse the area with cold water.
- After this treatment avoid exposing your skin to sunlight, and the best timing for this procedure is before taking shower.
- Do this one or two times a day, and you will notice the improvement of your skin.
Note! You can add some water to the lemon juice or substitute it with milk if your skin is too sensitive.
This remedy is really effective and it comes from the Indian science of healing. The power of the remedy is in its ingredients. While the first one or the lemon juice makes the skin peel the second one or turmeric makes the skin lighter, and its anti-inflammatory properties make the skin glow