Cabbage can be remarkable when added to our favorite dishes, as it enriches the taste and provides numerous nutrients. However, cabbage can be extremely useful in the treatment of some ailments and diseases as well.
Many women in American and European countries applied this method of placing leaflets of cabbage on breasts. This method is very useful because it eases pain and swelling breasts that breastfeeding can cause.
This cabbage miracle isn’t new. It’s been around since fields were tilled. Namely, cabbage is loaded with anti-inflammatory benefits, which eases pain and swelling breasts.
Cabbage can help in:
Swelling caused by trauma
If the place of your hand or leg has started swelling after you have hurt it, you need to wrap it with the fresh leaves of a cabbage. Use a bandage to tighten them, and leave it thus during the night. This method can also be really effective in the case of swollen legs or a swelling on the ankle.
Your unbearable headache can be caused by tiredness, excessive stress or some eye issues. Yet, you should place a compress from fresh cabbage leaves onto your temples and the forehead. Prevent the leaves from falling.
Pain due to breastfeeding
Cabbage leaves are used by some women to help reduce breast swelling and relieve the pain and discomfort that breast engorgement or weaning a baby from breastfeeding can cause. Researchers do not know if there is a property within the cabbage itself that helps to decrease the pain and swelling, or if the swelling goes down because the cabbage leaves are acting as cold compresses.
Either way, studies show that if your breastfeeding and you put cold cabbage leaves directly on your breasts, it’s not only soothing, but it can be soothing can help lessen your breast pain and swelling.
How to use it?
- Buy either red or green cabbage (red can stain clothing) and chill it in the fridge until it’s cold.
- Remove and discard the outer layers of cabbage and throw them away (or save them for soup or stew).
- Pull off two large leaves to cover the most skin and return the head to the fridge.
- Rinse and dry the two leaves you’ve chosen for pain therapy to make sure they’re clean.
- Cut out the center of each leaf, leaving enough room to expose the nipples.
- Place a leaf on each breast and hold it there, or put one leaf into each bra cup to hold it in place.
- Keep cabbage leaves in place for 20 minutes or until they feel warm to the touch. Remove and throw away.
- Repeat as necessary to alleviate pain and swelling.