Pizza is universally adored by people all over the world. While pizza and its varying types are delicious, its often not the ideal item to keep your stomach flat and your body composition on point. 1 slice of cheese pizza hovers around 285 calories with 10 grams of fat, 36 grams of carbohydrates, and 12 grams of protein. While sugar is relatively low, sodium is quite high at around 640 milligrams per slice.
Two slices of pizza later and you’ll be more than half way to the daily recommended allowance for sodium.
Pizza flavored roasted chick peas – Recipe
You will need:
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) no salt or low sodium chickpeas.
- 3 tbsp of Flavorgod pizza seasoning.
*If you don’t have pizza flavored seasoning, you can use the following:
- 3 tbsp sun dried tomatoes in oil, pureed or tomato paste
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pepper or to taste
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese or an Italian blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse, drain, and dry the chickpeas.
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients. If you are using Flavorgod, mix seasoning and olive oil only.
- Place the chickpeas in a single layer onto a non stick baking sheet and place on the middle rack in the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let them cool because they will crisp as they cool.
Yields: 2 cups.