Breakfast recipes that will help you loose weight.
If you look across the board at people who are overweight you will usually find one common denominator – they don’t eat breakfast.
Skipping breakfast is one of the biggest dieting downfalls, skipping breakfast often leads to blood sugar levels crashing around mid-morning and lead to you reaching for sugary, fatty snacks to give you a boost of energy.
Certified Nutritional Practitioner Alina Islam has put together the following breakfast recipes which are guaranteed to help give you energy in the mornings, and boost your metabolism in order to kick-start weight loss.
Alina recommends this recipe from ‘The Domestic Geek’ but there are lots of other delicious recipes online for this easy and nutritious breakfast food.
Chia seeds really are a dieters best friend. Pound for pound they are one of the most nutritiously dense foods, packed with vitamins and minerals which nourish the body and stop hunger cravings.
- 3 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- Drizzle maple syrup, to taste
- Mix-in suggestions: handful blueberries, nuts & seeds, dash of cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Mix together chia seeds, non-dairy milk and maple syrup
- Leave it overnight or for at least 15 minutes in the morning, and you’re good to go!
- Add toppings
Grain free pancakes
- 1 large banana
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
Blend all the ingredients together, dollop a couple of tablespoons into a hot pan and turn over after a a minute on each side.
Shop bought oatmeal from a box just doesn’t cut it, use the following recipe instead.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water or nut milk (almond, coconut)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 apple or pear chopped into small pieces
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Rinse the oats in a bowl of water and strain a few times until the water runs clear.
- In a saucepan, add the water and rolled oats
- Add in the cinnamon, chopped apple or pear, and coconut oil
- Bring to a boil, and then simmer until it reaches a consistency you like
- Topping ideas: seeds (chia, hemp, pumpkin, sunflower), chopped nuts (cashew, walnut, almond, pecan), ground flax, nut butter, 100% pure maple syrup, coconut flakes
Omelettes, scrambled, boiled, poached. Eggs are one of the best breakfast foods you can eat, they are easy to cook and keep you full until lunchtime.
Green protein smoothie
This smoothie recipe makes the perfect green smoothie.
Made from chia, hemp and buckwheat grouts and hot water, this is not like any other processed cereal.
Avocado and eggs
A simple boiled egg, chopped thrown into container with slices of avocado and seasoned with some pepper is the perfect breakfast for when you’re on the go.
This breakfast parfait is simply coconut yogurt mixed with a scoop of vegan vanilla protein powder. It tastes like a dessert but it’s a really healthy breakfast option. Top with honey, nuts or berries.
Grain-free banana bread
This recipe by The Civilized Caveman is absolutely delicious, it tastes so good you’ll feel like you just ate cake for breakfast.
Source – The Hearty Soul